Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well, here it is--


---A picture showing my hair starting to grow back!

I'm proud to announce also that I have eyelash stubble, and the eyebrows are coming in too. Just wish the mustache hairs didn't have to. But, always gotta take the bad with the good!

It's been over a month since I've had needles poking me in the arms. I'm really enjoying that. And the tendinitis in my right leg has faded away at last. I have a lot to be thankful for again today.

We had two Help4Maria fundraisers in February. It's a lot of work, but I like being able to participate in fund raising for my medical bills. There are more events coming up too. Monica has been working diligently on putting together the "Biggest Little Musicfest" for March 19. Along with many of her musician friends they have gathered the best of the local bands in the Reno area to participate. It's gonna be great.

I had a long-time friend from Utah visit here a couple of weeks ago. We laughed and cried and laughed some more for 3 days. It was just what we both needed. Her and I go back to our days of living in Wyoming.

I'm enjoying a ladies weekly Bible study at our church. I'm finally getting out & about more, and meeting new people. Now I can actually get to know some of them by spending time with them every week. They all have been so supportive and even bought our hand made aprons from me. They love them and I love making them.

Up until 3 or 4 weeks ago, Ron has been doing all the driving in town whenever we went anywhere; doctor, grocery store, laundromat, etc. Well, I have started driving again, and it feels like I've crawled out of a dark hole and into the land of the living!

I still have trouble making myself get plenty of rest. I never have been good at that.

Ron & I had our 38th Anniversary on February 10th. We are very thankful that we are both alive to see that. Ten months ago, I just wasn't sure.

I've gained more weight back, and my body is a little weird to me. Can't explain it, but there's still discomfort in my abdomen. My muscles are so shot that anything I do puts a strain on them I guess. The way time flies, I'm sure it will get better before I know it.

A little birdie told me there was going to be a 40th Class Reunion this year. Maybe I can make it, and just maybe I'll have hair on my head then too! Does God work stuff out in an awesome way or what?

Pray for Ron, he's working freight at night at The Home Depot. It's really rough on his knees but we're so thankful he is working. Only part-time for now. Good thing, so he can get used to it.

It will be St. Patrick's Day soon, March 17th. I always ponder on the fact that my kids are part Irish, but that I am not.

Thanks again for your attention. God Bless You many many ways~~~maria

No comments:

Post a Comment