Sunday, March 27, 2011

I FEEL LIKE A PRESSURE COOKER...

THE RECIPE

Throw in my recent 9 months of chemo, 3 units of blood and hospital stay, low low energy level, and very little time to wallow in my new remission status. Add Ron's leg infection and 2 surgeries on it this month, the countless trips to and from the hospital for various reasons, and now me trying to take care of him. Scramble in the mad rush to gather funds for these surgeries. Add a little more stress, like finding programs that help pay for his ridiculously priced medications, and a program that lends out medical equipment like crutches, walkers, etc. Let all of this simmer.

Then add our Help4Maria fund raising efforts which take a lot of time and cannot be neglected. Oh and a most important new ingredient; our move from the apartment back into the motor home which has to be done by the end of this month. Mix carefully with my minimal energy and Ron's leg in an immobilizer brace.

The extra special spices to tenderize this mix was the help we received from Casey, my son, and Linda, my sister-in-law, last week to get our motor home moved onto it's lot space and everything hooked up. They added hauling boxfulls of household items and clothes from the apartment to the RV, and also helped with our fundraiser MusicFest event on March 19. It was necessary to keep stirring the pot with as many things on our to-do list as possible while they were here.

Add some getting furniture listed on Craigslist to sell, things we don't need for the motor home, and getting them sold before the 31st.

Last, remember to add the daily trips to the hospital for Ron's anti-biotic IV for the next 6 weeks. We added a vehicle exchange with Monica, my daughter, as it is not practical for Ron to climb into the Jeep with a knee spacer that cannot support any weight for the next 3 months. Thus the need to detail the Jeep for added flavor in order to sell it as soon as possible, and stirring in finding an affordable, different, more practical car (and cheaper on gas) to the pot.

Ron's secret ingredient is a 3rd and final surgery on his knee in a few months to put him back together.

This recipe is not one I would recommend to anyone. The pressure is building up and would completely explode if we did not have the Lord to let off steam to. He will salvage this disaster, I know He will.

Side note: I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but to write this all out was very therapeutic for me. I do appreciate all you have done for us.

God Bless You.~~~maria

3 comments:

  1. I do not like this pot. To many surprise ingredients....overloaded pot. Love you, so sorry. It's me the bubble bath woman.I don't know what to put me under on profile. I didn't want you to think I was a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too bubble bath lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma, this is fabulous. Thanks for venting.

    ReplyDelete